I am always on the lookout for yummy new meals and when I found this Oven-Fried Chicken recipe from the Food Network it sounded like a winner. My hunt to find a side to accompany it that would be equally as delicious led me to this Greek Style Potatoes recipe. I prepared the Greek potatoes just as the recipe suggests and they were the BEST potatoes I’ve had in a long time. I made a few changes to the oven-fried chicken, here is my version of the recipe:
Oven-Fried Chicken Recipe
Cook Time: 30 min Level: Easy Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/3 cups Rice Krispies cereal (leftover from the treats I made the day before)
- 2 1/4 cups Bagel Chips (plain)
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon hot paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I picked up Stonyfield Organic, the single serve package was the perfect size)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Finely grind the cereal and bagel chips in a food processor and transfer to a large resealable plastic bag. Add 3 teaspoons olive oil, the paprika, 2 teaspoons salt, and pepper to taste and toss.
- Whisk 1/2 cup yogurt and the mustard in a shallow bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat, then transfer to the bag; seal and shake to coat.
- Place the chicken on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake until the chicken is crisp and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 160 degrees F, about 30 minutes.
The Food Network recipe adds scallions and a dipping sauce to this. I don’t like scallions so instead I made steamed asparagus as a side and sautéed it with a little bit of butter, salt and garlic before I served it. The chicken, potatoes and asparagus made a great combination. I also served a Greek salad; definitely a meal worthy to be served at a dinner party.